Electrical Safety Inspection Kingwood
What is an Electrical Safety Inspection ?
An Electrical Safety Inspection is done by a licensed electrician to ensure that your home or office’s electrical system is up to code and that all electrical systems, including wires, electrical panels, and electrical components are working properly and hazard-free.
To prevent fires and harmful accidents, it is important to make sure that all of your electrical systems meet legal safety and industry standards.
When A Phase Electric comes into your home or business to perform an electrical safety inspection, there are several key components we look for to give you a complete and accurate assessment of your entire existing electrical system.
Once the thorough assessment has been completed, we can then provide you with information on they type of electrical repair or replacement needed to meet optimal standards.
Electrical Safety Inspection Benefits
- Offer you peace of mind knowing that your electrical systems, components, and appliances run efficiently and safely at all times.
- Help to ensure that your electrical system meets all legal safety standards.
- It can give you peace of mind about your overall safety and investment before purchasing a home.
- Electrical inspections and corrections can actually help you reduce your annual electric bills and save on energy.
- Having an inspection done can correct and greatly reduce the risk of fires and other electrical disasters.
- Electrical inspections often find that certain components (like electrical panels) may be outdated or defective and need replacing before disasters occur.
- Having an inspection done can also help to identify existing mistakes made by previous electricians and homeowners that may pose a threat to your home or building.
- Inspections help to spot insufficient fuses and breakers before they start fires.
When Do I Need an Electrical Safety Inspection?
Knowing when the right time to have an inspection done is a critical part of caring for your electrical system to ensure safety and efficiency. But how often should it be inspected, and are there certain instances where it definitely should be?
Before buying a home- Having an electrical inspection done before you purchase a home is a great way to prepare yourself to make educated decisions.
You have an older home- If your home or building is over 25 years old, it is a good idea to have an electrical inspection done due to equipment and key components becoming outdated or defective.
Renovation- If your home has undergone major renovations at any point in time, you should have your electrical system inspected to ensure all is in working order and installed properly.
DIY- DIY electrical work can be an absolute nightmare for your home’s safety, much less efficiency. If you know your home has gone through some questionable electrical work, you should have it inspected by a licensed electrician.
Old Wiring/Electrical work- If you can tell with the naked eye that your home’s electrical work may be outdated, get an inspection!
Noticeable Electrical Issues- If you have problems with lights flickering on and off in your home or the fuse blows when you turn on an appliance, it’s time to have an inspection done.
New Appliances- New appliances can strain your electrical system and cause many electrical issues if your home isn’t equipped for extra power usage.
Our Professional Electricians Inspect:
- We check to make sure that all electrical switches and outlets function properly.
- We thoroughly check for shock/electrocution hazards so they can be eliminated.
- GFCI protection where required
- AFCI protection where required
- Gas line bonding
- Home electrical system grounding
- Weather rated outdoor outlets
- Breaker box inspection
- Smoke detectors function and location
- Loose or non-functional devices
- Check for appropriate surge protection requirements.
Does Your Home Need an Inspection from an Electrical Contractor?
If any of the instances listed above seem familiar, Call A Phase Electric Today!
With over 20 years of hands-on experience, our Master Electrician can not only thoroughly inspect your home/business but also provide you with all of the necessary electrical solutions needed to ensure safety and efficiency.