Breaker Box Repair Humble, TX
Your breaker box (also known as, panelboard, breaker panel, electrical panels, circuit breakers, or distribution board) is essentially your home's central nervous system for all things electricity.
Think you may need a breaker box repair?
Electrical panels are the equipment through which electricity enters your home and gets rerouted and redistributed to subsidiary circuits.
This is how the electricity coming into your home is organized and sent out to all of your outlets and light fixtures.
It is important to keep your breaker box in optimal condition, as it is the brain that keeps your home’s lights, electronics, and appliances all up and running properly, continuously, and at the flick of a switch.
Knowing When You Need a Breaker Box Repair
Breaker panel malfunctions are a big deal and need to be addressed immediately for safety and efficiency purposes. Outdated or broken breaker panels are major fire hazards, along with the potential to cause many other serious problems if unattended.
Common Signs You May Need a breaker box Repair:
- A reoccurring tripped breaker
- Breaker shuts down upon plugging in or turning on an appliance
- You notice burn spots around your breaker panel
- If you have an old home with a dated panel set up
- Burning smells coming from your circuit breakers
- Power surges and flickering lights
- Appliances or electronics overheating quickly
- Melted wires within your electrical panels
Our Breaker Box Inspection Process
When you call us for a circuit breaker repair and/or evaluation, we go through a thorough process of electrical troubleshooting any and every aspect of the electrical system within your home. This gives us the ability to access all of your electrical service needs and provide you with the safest and most efficient solutions possible.
At A Phase Electric, we pride ourselves in the attention to detail we offer with our master electrician services. When choosing an electrician to come into your home for electrical work, it’s important to employ a company with experience and extensive industry knowledge. After all, this is your home we are talking about.
Some of Our Circuit Breaker Repair Process May Include:
AFCI Protection: Also known as (Arc fault circuit interrupters) Arc faults are when electricity jumps from electrical wiring and can cause fires. AFCI’s offer advanced fire protection by detecting Arc fault hazards and disconnecting power before a fire can start.
Troubleshooting of Circuit Breakers: Our Circuit troubleshooting process gives us a complete assessment of your breaker panel/electrical conditions. Once we have completed our thorough troubleshooting assessment, we can then eliminate all possible threats and malfunctions with our breaker box services.
And Simply Updating the Panel: Oftentimes, old homes have outdated and hazardous electrical panel set-ups that need a complete breaker replacement.
Quality Electrical Services
If you need a breaker box repair, contact us today! With 20 years of valuable experience, we have what it takes to get your system up and running, safer, and more efficient than ever before.
Breaker Box Repair FAQs
If you experience power trips when using specific appliances, your breaker box is likely overloaded and struggling to keep up.
Outdated breaker panels are not equipped to handle today's modern voltage needs. Having a licensed electrician inspect and troubleshoot your electrical system will help determine the cause and the best course of action for your electrical panel.
If your home's lights are frequently dimming and/or flickering, there may be issues like:
- Lose light bulbs/plugs
- A faulty fixture or switch
- Overloaded circuits
- Or, an outdated electrical system
The most common reasons breaker boxes become overheated include:
- Your breaker panel is at its limit for electrical current and may need to be upgraded to handle your home's electrical needs better.
- Your breaker panel has gone bad and needs to be replaced.
Side Note: A hot breaker panel accompanied by flickering lights often indicates a bad breaker.
It is also important to understand that these kinds of problems are prevalent in faulty brands like the Federal Pacific Stab-Lok breakers and will need a quick replacement to prevent more severe problems.
If your breaker box is getting hot and/or your home has a Federal Pacific Stab-Lok breaker, call our emergency electrician today to avoid life-threatening danger and damages to your home.
Although it is usually recommended to have your home's electrical system inspected once every 3-5 years, it all depends on your home's age and how much voltage you are tasking your electrical system with supplying.
For more details on how often you need to have your home's breaker panel inspected, give our electrician a call today!
How to reset your main breaker step by step:
- Locate the breaker panel within your home and turn off each breaker switch one by one
- Next, locate your main breaker (the main breaker will be outside near your electric meter)
- To reset your main breaker (avoid touching your electric meter) and flip the main switch off and back on two times, leaving it in the on position when complete.
- Lastly, return to the breaker panel within your home and flip all of the breaker switches back on.